Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 222- Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 222:


Finally, here it is, a shot from Regina!

I'm pretty bummed. I went through probably my first real photography-idiot experience shooting this. Without going into details, I'll just say that 97% of my images (from three rolls of film) came out totally overexposed. Totally my fault, and I can assure one and all, that this mistake will not be repeated. Sadly, this was definitely a learning experience, and a hard kick in the butt to the complacency I have shooting digitally; being able to see your shots right after capture and correct your mistakes instantly is a luxury that can severely numb your ability to see and evaluate lighting for yourself. Don't ever forget how to see for yourself!

And at the end of it, I can use the excuse that Regina was just far too distracting for me to get anything right! Better results next time!

Love

PS - Thanks to the excellent and talented Corbin Smith for being such a standup guy today modeling for my Queen West editorial assignment! The assignment theme is "Queen St. West: Cool vs. Corporate". I had some really strong ideas for this project and I'm really happy with what we created. Also, I'm pretty sure Corbin did more work than I did to get the shots, so again, huge thanks. Corbin is also a Fourth Year photography student at Guelph-Humber and I strongly urge you to check out his epic project Map Of Canadian; it's really inspired me to DO instead of dream about doing.

THANK YOU

No comments: