Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 338: Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 338:


^ Click me to read the article! ^

First off, Happy Birthday Dad!

Now. Thank you Humber Et Cetera. It's definitely a start. : )

Two weeks ago I responded to a posting from a reporter at Humber's newspaper, the Et Cetera. She was writing a feature on students who blog, and well, I think I fall under that category, so I decided to check it out. So, here's the story. It ran two days ago. Pretty wicked.

Must note though: The large top left image and the small image directly next to it were submitted in one file as a diptych. They got cut up and resized to fit the layout. I GET that, and I'm only a little ticked about it, but fellow photographers, artists, and submitters of things to editorial establishments: protect your intellectual and creative property!

I'm suddenly hearing a wicked, made-up-in-my-head, string-of-curses-filled rant by Hunter Thompson on the evil rat bastard photo editors of the world.... heh heh heh... but, I didn't say that. Hunter did. I am humble and happy that my blog was featured. Really. I'm not mad. I'm not harboring any kind of grudge. I'm NOT stroking a well oiled firearm under my desk at this very moment....

.... heh heh heh....

Okay, well that was fun. It's also amusing that I'm apparently in third year according to the article. Maybe I can use that erroneous little factoid to manipulate my OSAP, AND student line of credit repayment schedule... strokes Machiavellian-archetype facial hair.....

God I miss writing.

Goodnight lovelies. It's been Good!

Love Love Love


(ps, I DO photograph other people besides Emilie. I swear. Really.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was about to comment on that fact that you use a lot of the same subjects. Your images are beautiful, it's a shame that a lot of them focus on the same 3 people. Your work would probably improve if you tried shooting more subjects. I do think you have an amazing talent, and I'm only saying this because I would love to see you go far in the industry.

Anonymous said...

As a photographer who came to your blog from the Et Cetera article, I would suggest that if you think photo editors will not crop your work to fit a space, perhaps editorial photography is not for you. A lot of my friends get pissed that text is put over their photos when run in magazines, but I'm cool with it if it means the photo will be run bigger.

Just a thought... lovely photos. I don't have a problem with seeing the same person over and over, but it is tough to develop a portfolio without diversity.