Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 106- Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 106:


SO! Today at the Arboretum, we had ourselves a BBQ. I think we were celebrating the halfway mark for our tour of duty. It's almost July and our four months of fun and toil are just about half done. Also, we celebrated the end of planting; all the annuals are in the ground and ready to grow: WOO!

I guess that means nothing but weeding and picking up garbage for the rest of the summer, eh? Heh heh, oh dear.

But anyways, these are my fellow summer co-workers. From left to right in the top row:
*Alison is the quiet one, but I bet she's the craziest of all of us. You know, behind closed doors and all.
*Candice is our crew leader and she's good for teasing and pushing around. I've never gotten to mouth off to any boss so much in my life! We love you Candice!
*Dave mostly mows the lawns and works heavier jobs with some of the full time guys. I hear he talks a lot of smack about us with the big boys... to that I say a mighty "pfffffshhhaaaaa"..... or something.
*The girl in the middle with the googly eyes is Jen. She's like the big sister I never had. Which is funny because my sister's name is Jen... but anyways, she's tough, crazy, and always picking up snakes and frogs, or chasing after the bugs and animals that we're running away from. Jen also started our lunchtime tea tradition for which she will forever hold a special place in my heart.
*Meaghan is my crossword buddy, walkin to the bus buddy, and uh... otherwise, life buddy? I don't know, Meaghan's just pretty rad all around. Good form Meaghan! (PS - A few weeks ago, Jen taught Meaghan how to ride a bike for the first time ever.)
*Next is Matt, the charming greenhouse assistant. He doesn't work with us, and we kinda consider him to be like that weird cousin who you see once in a while. He's good for any nerdy kinds of trivia when doing the crossword at lunch though. You always need one of those guys.
*Lucas on the end is our resident ginger... and uhh, funnyman? He's a good guy. Always bringin his expensive meats in for lunch.... heh heh...
*Sitting next to me is Sherry, a new volunteer who just started this week. She's cool but I can't really give her any cool nicknames or superpowers yet. We shall see....
*And me... charming, handsome, devilishly modest me... HA! I think I'll shut up now...

I wish I had gotten Sid (the Arboretum Director, the head boss, and our resident intimidating genius), Heather (our other big boss, wise teacher of all things horticultural, and resident crossword know-it-all), and the rest of the full time staff in the photo but they were off doing Tequila shooters and jousting with the skid steers. Maybe next time!

Anyways, that's all for tonight's stupid-long post. See y'all tomorrow!

(I think I have a shweet idea!)

LOVE!

No comments: