Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 97- Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 97:


By far, the most satisfying endeavor in a while. I brought a clipping from a Hawthorn tree home with me today with the intention of doing some macros of the thorns. That didn't work out so well, but after a few minutes of examining the thorns and the leaves, I decided to do something similar.

What I feel really good about is that the finished product looks exactly like my vision prior to starting. I felt confident and competent throughout the process- a good sign that my education is actually worth it. 

I have some other ideas relating to this theme, and I think I might do this a bit more with some other leaves. 

Also, just to note, this is NOT a Hawthorne leaf - I don't actually know what it is. It came with some other leaves in a package from my former pen pal. I keep them pressed in the pages of a really fantastic book.  

So there it is. I'm super happy with this shot. Wicked.

Goodnight friends.

No comments: