Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 125- Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 125:


Well, this is my mountain - this is what I'll be reading in the near future, tentatively in order from top to bottom. I'm actually almost finished the top book, Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, which I have to say is an incredibly fantastic book. My post from Day 102 was an excerpt from the book, something that hit a tender spot for me. The whole book has actually hit pretty close to home so it's been an incredible read.

I'm probably most excited to read American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, as it is one of my favorite movies and I've been waiting a long time to get it. I'm not a big fan of horror for the most part, as it's typically pretty devoid of anything important to say, but American Psycho is an exception, and I'm fully stoked to finally read it. Also, if anyone has a copy of Rules of Attraction by Ellis, I'd love to borrow it!

Anyways, before I go on, rambling about all of these hopefully fine novels, I'm just gonna say that Project 365 fully supports literacy; put down that tv remote, sign out of Facebook, and grab a Realbook!

...but not Twilight....

Goodnight friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ever heard of "the perks of being a wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky? One of my favourites from high-school. It's a short, yet powerful novel about passivity vs. passion. A definite must-read. I'll let you borrow my copy if you'd like, seeing as I finished reading it yesterday for the umpteenth time.

-Chris Tolone