Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 126- Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 126:


Yet another shot from the Georgetown paper mill.

Also, some good news: I've secured a huge job with Humber College, starting in late August and ending sometime next June. The goal of the project is to create a photo bank of high quality images of student life at both campuses, for use in publications, brochures, presentations, etc etc. I think a book might also be in the cards! This is a huge opportunity for me to kick-start my career, and it's going to open a lot of doors for me [literally] as I'll be invited to pretty much every and any important function I can attend. The opportunities to network and meet important people throughout the school are huge, and of course, it's going to put me through second year and pay my rent... and then some.

My goal for the next few weeks or so is to register a business, get some business cards going and get letterheads and stuff like that done up. Also, I'm pretty sure I need a crash course in the basics of running a small business. Learning a ton more about Adobe Lightroom wouldn't hurt either as I'm pretty sure that will be the platform on which the image bank is created.

Anyways, this is a huge deal and I'm super excited. I may not have much of a social life next year but I'm gonna work damn hard to make a name for myself.

Hope you're all doing well! Enjoy the shot and see you tomorrow night!

Love

2 comments:

Namor Something said...

Chris - congratulations!!! That's fantastic news and well deserved!! I love the pix and the blog comments. Keep it up!!

Uncle Al

Chris said...

Thanks a bunch! So many things to start planning for now; many things to arrange. I need a real website designed asap!