Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 51- Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 51:


Well damnit man... Tonight was an exercise in beating one's head against a wall.

I had a vision and I felt completely comfortable and confident with it. I got a lot of shots for the idea, I was happy with it all, things looked great! However, when I got it on the computer, nothing would come out the way I wanted! I tried over and over to massage the shots into what I wanted and I got bubkis... well, I think failure is a healthy thing and we need some adversity sometimes. 

So anyways, it was kind of like the sculptor who sees the finished piece inside the rock, except, no matter how many times he tries, he can't get the vision to take shape. I'm pretty friggin frustrated... I'm super beat as well so I'm just posting a shot from last Sunday's show at the Roxy. It's lucky that I hadn't formatted the memory card because I got a loaner computer from the school today and it's completely empty of old work. 

A thing or two about this shot:

It's centered and it's blurry. I love it. My point is, sometimes you gotta break some rules. Just remember that there's a difference between someone who consciously breaks the rules to explore an artform and a no-talent assclown who thinks his dope is the mad goat....

Uuuh, yeah.

I'll let you all decide what category I fall under. I just take pictures......

No comments: