Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 67- Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 67:


I want to make one thing clear: 

Words are just reference points in the game of meaning. They are vague and fuzzy, sometimes even great big strings of words, like books or philosophies. If you see some words on that piece of paper that rub you the wrong way, or beg you to disagree with me, remember that words aren't themselves nearly as important as the big picture behind them. 
I wrote those particular words at a time when they'd be useful to me, to help remember a broad idea. The term "enlightened evolution" for example - don't get caught on it specifically. Just reflect on the idea of what comes between highly evolved complex life, and the beginning/end state of Oneness. 

Anyways, rather than respond to this idea, tuck it away and let it seed for a while. Think about it in terms and words that mean something to you, and most importantly, look around  you some day soon, and try to apply this idea to what you see. 

Remember that we came from the Sun (we did, read about it), something that we don't consider to be a living thing. A house, the Earth, the Universe, aren't commonly considered "living things" either, yet they're all connected at the deepest level- they're all made of the same stuff. Everything is alive, we just don't know how to see it. When you feel that life, in a peaceful, concentrated moment, it's like talking to Allah/God/Yaweh/...It...(remember that I don't put much stock in single words).
Let's call it "talking to Life".

A strange post maybe? Not something I usually explore...? Yup. 
Well, I don't know what else to say. I think I've said too much.

Just think about it.

1 comment:

Katie said...

pretty sure I remember this.