Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 189- Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 189:


REGINA SPEKTOR CONERT TONIGHT!
... it was fucking incredible!!!
(...sorry, sometimes the f-bomb is the only thing that
really conveys the gravity of the emotion.)

Tonight was bloody incredible. Janice and I went down to Sound Academy to see Regina Spektor play. The scheduled opening act, Little Joy got stuck at the border, but lucky for us, her violinist opened the show by playing songs from another band he's in called Jupiter One. And he certainly opened well.

But Regina...sigh.... played a ton of stuff from her new album, played a few old songs (which I was very happy about, although sadly, she didn't play Chemo Limo), and two I'd never heard, including the closing song from her FOUR SONG ENCORE, a country song (totally random) the chorus of which went something like "Love is a whore, love is a whore, love is a whore". It was rompin, stompin, rootin tootin fun. Even if it was country.

So, the hairy part of the night was, Sound Academy doesn't seem to let any kind of "professional slr" cameras into their club. Their criteria is, if the lens comes of the body, it's no good. Anyways, I had a weird, confusing and in the end, totally fortuitous run in with security who at first almost took my camera, then got confused and let me keep it. I sort of had to lie, no good I know, but it was seeeriously worth it. I shot two rolls of Ilford Delta 3200 B&W and a roll of Fuji Press 1600 colour.

... I'm dying to see these shots. I can't wait.

So, that was my night. It was bloody incredible, Janice and I had a great time, we got about three or four rows back from the front, and everything just went well.

Come back soon Reg!

Goodnight and Love!

No comments: