Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 200- Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 200:


Jackie Musial: Artist & Entertainer

Tonight was fabulous. I haven't had this much fun shooting someone in a while, and the location and shoot itself were really great. So huge props to Jackie for being able to make it on such short notice, and for being generally awesome. Jackie, I owe you a huge 'Sandy Cohen'. Everyone, please check out Jackie's art and illustration blog HERE!

These are some out-takes from the set, which was a shoot for my 'location fashion' assignment for Location Lighting. This is about half of my original concept - the location and 'general idea' was all set but having Jackie model and the styling theme were very last minute. We made a pretty fly team, MacGyvering the whole thing, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Building the set for the background was especially fun. The big drafting table-esque beast on the right side was such a lucky find, pretty much exactly what I wanted and never hoped to stumble upon. And propping the whole thing was really fun too. I could easily see myself doing this every day!

Anyways, it took a while to start shooting but I think my confidence and decisiveness with lighting and the general technical side are improving. That's really pretty crucial in this field, so hopefully it's only up and up from here. Dope.



Now. I have to tell you something:

My Dad has been The Man. Letting me use his factory space for this shoot was awesome. Being patient while I took twice as long as I predicted was even more awesome. Driving me around and helping me up and down, into/out from my apartment with my absurd baggage for the last year of college has been even infinitely awesomer. Seriously, I can't stress how awesomazingly supportive he's been, and I worry that sometimes I don't say 'thank you' enough, so I'd like to just make my humble attempt at conveying to you the literal awesomeness. It's awesome.

Dad: Thank you!

Ps - (Stay tuned next week for 'Ode To My Mom: The Bitchinest Lady In The 905')

Goodnight!


1 comment:

Jackie said...

hahahaha!

Oh wow. I'm stoked on this. Totally up for helping out again anytime if you need a last minute model. I had a blast! I just found more paint on my stomach hahaha