Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 19- Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 19:


FIRST OFF: I'm pissed. In photoshop, I sized this photo so that it SHOULD fill the screen vertically, and force you to scroll waaaaay over to see the whole thing. But, it's appearing a lot smaller. I think the Blogger website must automatically resize images once they exceed a certain dimension. To this I say BALLS! I will also try my best to figure it out and present it in its sexy-detailed righteousness. Anyways...

Here you have it: The View! Or rather, "A View"....

I was inspired to shoot a panoramic after my portrait teacher Neil Fox showed us a 10 foot x3 foot (approx.) print of the grand canyon. He shot it recently on his trip to Vegas, however, he had the joy of shooting on a 40 megapixel Hasselblad whereas I was just using my trusty D300. If only I were so lucky. 

Anyways, it took about 12-13 photos to get this all put together, and I actually shot it a few days ago because I figured it was going to take an extra amount of effort to get it posted.

So, here it is. In the end, it's only about half of the skyline that I shot but I figured for my first one, I didn't want to mortally wound my computer's processor. Maybe in a few days I'll stitch the rest of the scene together and post it. 

Enjoy!

No comments: