Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 1 - Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 1:

I've decided that this project isn't going to be about perfectly spit shined images. I mean, I don't have the time for one of those each day. SO, I just want to focus on seeing. I've never felt like the most creative person in the world, so the philosophy here is to force myself to look around and try to see interesting composition in the everyday banal.

Also, I just want to note, I feel shady about doing this. I've been feeling really creatively mushy in general for a while. Part of it is that I just haven't been shooting for myself much in the last....oh, a YEAR? I've just been sitting around whining and complaining to myself, spending too much time on Facebook or watching TV on my computer, and generally NOT being focused on photography.
The other night I stumbled upon an old friend's flickr and noticed that she was starting this same project; basically, I'm stealing this idea from her. I mean, the project itself isn't really an original idea that "can be stolen" but I feel a little shady about it.
So, Larissa, I know you won't read this but I'm sorry if you feel I'm cramping your style. However, I think we can all benefit from something like this.

Anyway, here it is, my first photo. It's nothing astounding but I spent a while with the chess set looking at it and trying to find some nice shapes and composition. That's really what this is all about... I hope to have a lot of fun with this and I think it'll really help me grow.
More tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving this idea Chris! Your photographs are lovely. I believe in you! haha

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing what else you will come up with.

-- Josée vW

Chris said...

Josée! Thanks for the support man! I'm so excited to share with everyone for a whole freakin year!

Keep your eyes peeled!