Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 18- Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 18:



May I present to you, Dominic Braund. Tonight I went to see Ulysses and The Siren, the half reincarnation of Cain and Abel - the remaining members being Peter Van Helvoort and my good friend Christian Turner. Sadly, I didn't have time to stick around for Lifestory Monologue and I Am Committing a Sin, a band with the two other members (Paul and Kelly) from Cain and Abel. 

So anyways, I definitely feel like band photography has thus far been a weak point for me. I feel pretty solid about what I shot tonight but we shall see. I'll be so much happier when I can get my hands on a nice FAST wide lens. Shooting bands at max f3.5 sucks hard.... real hard. 

So yeah, that was cool, I got pretty into the music and into the shooting and I had a great time. This shot of Dom was just a spur of the moment snapshot just after Thunderhawks stopped playing. I haven't seen Dom in forever seeing as the guy is constantly on the move - Australia, Paris, Holland.... Where to next man?

Also, I got to meet Brooks Reynolds (http://brooksreynolds.com) tonight which was super awesome. For a young guy with no formal education in photography as far as I know, he's pretty damn talented. It was kind of intimidating and I'll have to keep checking his site for photos from tonight to see just how poorly I did. Ha! So anyways, I'm writing a novel and you're all here for the photos, not my life story. 

Have a good night y'all!

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

1 comment:

Marina said...

hahahah dom. love it