Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 153- Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 153:


On Sunday, Em and I went for a walk, and I suggested Dundas Square. However, I fully had no intention of shooting touristy crap. Rather, I wanted to shoot the tourists! [and shoppers].

I parked myself right at the edge of the crosswalk, letting the red lights herd up crowds, and shot them as they came through. Hundreds of people forced to walk right into my path... it's perfect! I plan on doing this a ton more too, maybe as a project. Mega-stoked!!!

I'm totally bushed though; I think I'll go to bed.

Goodnight

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

strangers with cameras is off putting. if i were that lady, i would be pissed.

Chris said...

I definitely acknowledge that opinion - I can't disagree at all, but I think it's a harmless enough activity that I can bear being "offputting".

Perhaps in this case, I'm being selfish, knowing that perhaps others are uncomfortable, and that I love doing this. Who knows. On the other hand, I could have posted some of the photos where people "posed" or smiled for me. It's all opinion...

Chris said...

ps - I think the real important factor is how you represent people when presenting the photos to the world. I don't support slander/misrepresentation/tabloid-style embarrassing,exposing,exploiting photos.

Anonymous said...

It makes you appear to be nothing more than a paparazzi with more film grain and less flash. So weak.

Chris said...

That's an understandable opinion, but it's still only an opinion. And it's a pretty hostile one. I'm tempted to call you Daryl.

I don't feel the need to defend myself from your comments, mainly because I get the feeling your mind is already made up. If you want to change my mind, use good logical persuasion, not innuendo and gut comparison.

If you're wondering why I can't take negative criticism, I can only say that if you didn't like it for what it is/was, you'd just keep it to yourself. But you shared your thoughts with me because you want me to think about it. Good luck getting people to see things your way by being aggressive like that. I will gladly take useful, helpful criticism any day.

Like I said before. Your opinion is understandable and would stand up in a good discussion. You just come off like a Daryl.