Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 162- Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 162:


I am so very pleased with this. Tonight was a really, really awesome night. I planned on getting a huge chunk of content for my website prepared and organized, but the lightning had other plans for me. For about two full hours, I couldn't get away from the camera. I don't think I've ever seen so much lightning in my life; that Lykke Li concert happened to fall on the night the other week when Toronto got that zillion and a half strikes.

Anyways, I spent the evening running the camera back and forth through my apartment, from the balcony to different windows depending on where the lightning was striking most. Shooting on an interval timer, I captured about six hundred frames - only about 20 of which have clear strikes.

Man, I wish this happened more often. Shooting lightning is hard, and I want more practice.

Anyways, I'm super stoked for tomorrow. I'm goin' sailing!

Goodnight!

No comments: