Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 159- Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 159:


More Lykke Li!

Today was pretty whack - we got sent home early because of the heat, so I biked to the Japan Camera at Woodbine to get my finally-developed, mystical "other roll" of 35 from Lykke Li scanned. However, the slimey, yellow, highway robber of a clerk wanted to charge me $16.00 plus tax just to scan my bloody film and give me a cd. For those of you who don't often take film to a lab to be scanned, that is a hugely obscene price. I was actually too flabbergasted to even tell the guy he was an idiot; I just left.

So, I went over to Fortino's because, Lord, they're going to ask a fair price. However, Fortino's being Fortino's, the lady didn't know anything but the "for Dummies" operation of the equipment, and couldn't scan pro film in her machine. Stupid "consumer only" bullsparkles... it turns out, you can scan pro film if you just know how to read the instruction manual, heh heh.

So anyways, I wasted all the extra time I got today, and went home defeated. However, I wasn't ready to really give up. So, I borrowed my room mate's printer+scanner thinger and gave that a shot.

Of course, to my surprise, it actually gave pretty okay results. I'm still going to get the film scanned at the totally sane and reasonable lab in Georgetown, but I just couldn't wait that long to get at least a few shots. I'm glad to see that a few turned out.

YAY!

Alright friends, well, it's been a slice. Hope you all had a nice day in the heat. Take it easy and keep cool!

Goodnight

No comments: