Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 26- Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 26:

Wait! What... is that?..No!....Is that?....Is that who I think it is???

YES!!!!!!

SCIENCE RULES!



NOW YOU KNOW!




Ladies and Gentlemen, 

I give you Bill Nye!!! I decided to forgo the single photo in favor of a little montage to emphasize the awesomeness. But yes, it's true! Bill Nye is still alive! 

As part of Earth Week here at Humber, HSF pulled some kind of miracle and gave us our childhood science hero, the one and only Bill Nye. He was preceded by the less exciting but no less informative George Smitherman, our current Minister of Energy and Infrastructure. But really, back to The Science Guy.

 By the time I got down to the concourse where the event was being held, the limited seating was filled and the crowd around the gates was far too thick. I headed up to the second floor to get a view from the open walkway that looks out over the concourse. It was pretty perfect except that I had to stand the whole time and my lens was a wee bit short for my liking. 

Bill talked for probably 2 hours but sadly, I left after the first hour. I was really tired and starving and my roommate was getting pretty pooched from standing and not having food in her tummy. It was a long day for both of us. In the end, I reeeeaally wish I had have stuck it out and stayed for the whole thing but what's done is done. I hope this was not my last chance to see the great Bill Nye speak; he may be older and less in the limelight but he's still as wickedly animated and entertaining as always!

I hope this brought back a piece of everyone's childhood as it did mine. 

Love, 
Chris.


Ps - sorry for the not-so-fantastic quality; I was far away and so my ISO was cranked to pick up what little flash I could throw in his direction. Digital grain = boo! I'm so jealous of the kids who got front row!

7 comments:

Namor Something said...

Sorry to hear about the size of your lens Chris...

But remember, its not the size of your lens...its the speed of your shutter!

...

Or something like that!

mowzie said...

Who is that guy?

Chris said...

Are you kidding???

It's freakin BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!

mowzie said...

I was kidding

Chris said...

Aha okay.... I was worried... You should have left a winky face or something : p

Anonymous said...

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

DID YOU KNOW THAT...
Fabiola used to watch Bill Nye religiously.
She never considered herself a scientific type, but Bill broke it down!
...NOW YOU KNOW!

Chris said...

Heh heh, you were not alone Fabi....

Come around sometime soon!