Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 36- Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 36:


So I was walking back to my apartment from the bus today, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a lumpy little shape that didn't look so familiar. I backtracked a bit and to my pleasant surprise, saw my first groundhog in the arboretum. I've seen all kinds of birds, a snake, tons of deer, and some kind of huge wild turkey once (which startled me so bad, I almost peed myself; nature photographers must carry spare underpants, or maybe rubber slacks ala Pinky.....anyways).    ...

SO! I grabbed my camera, threw down my stuff and started taking photos of this little guy. He was very still and watchful. As I switched lenses I was afraid he'd disappear but he was perfect and hardly moved. 

I'm excited though; this feels like a good omen, a sign from the arbs that things are coming alive, that all the little critters are out and about and lots of photo opportunities are to be had. 
Summer, here I come!!!

Anyways, I should be sleeping. I have my Portrait and Theory exams tomorrow and then exciting adventures downtown at Emilie's apartment - always epic good times. Full of win! 

Until next time, breathe easy and dream safe my friends!

CVD

No comments: