Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 27- Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 27:


I'll be honest; I love my Buddha. I love taking pictures of him. I could probably spend all day doing it. I wish I had other Buddha heads, preferably stone, to shoot all day. Maybe I will start shooting strictly Buddha heads. I will be a world renowned Buddha Head Photographer and create a new niche market, doing all the Buddha Head Photography for those hippy new age stores, ie. Green Earth, Magic Mountain Trading Co. etc... 

.... Okay but seriously. Here it is. Le Daily Photo. Enjoy.... and maybe be inspired to chill out and breathe.

On a side note, I was checkin on one of Jackie Musial's blog posts as I do from time to time - you should check her out, she's a craaazy talented artist/illustrator(?) :  http://jackie-musial.blogspot.com/ - and she had a post with a snapshot of her workspace. It was pretty cozy, and by cozy I mean "itty bitty student sized ghetto nook". I can sort of relate, with my desk which I'm pretty sure I've had since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  Workspaces are pretty intense and profound places though. For artists and creatiphiles, these places are more home than anywhere else. I know that I pretty much spend more time at my desk in a day then anywhere else. 
I guess my point is, when we think of artists, we don't really think of the place WHERE the art was made, OR, we get a very distinct idea of what that place looked like. What if DaVinci worked in a room with Tupac posters all over the walls. Maybe Dali painted in the nude with S&M gear hanging from all the walls and chai garlic candles blazing in a pentagram around his easel. You feelin what I'm sayin? Workspaces are profound, magical places and it's fascinating to understand how they influence us. The whole science of ergonomics and Ikeaolgy revolves around this notion. WOO.

Soooo, anyway, I decided to take a quick photo of my workspace to share with you all. After the magic of Tupac and Dali's kink studio, I guess it's a let down to see that I'm just a slob. Ahah, but really, everything here serves some purpose or another. Also, it does clean up pretty nice and it's not always so bad. I'm just having one of those days where the mess piles up faster than I can clean it. Okaaaay, so enough rambling. 



Peace y'all!!! 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

:D!

Thanks for the flattering mention!

Next fall I plan on purchasing a set of legs and a giant table top from Ikea. It's going to be so expansive I could sleep on it!